The 297th Exhibition TDC Exhibition 2011
April 01, 2011 - April 25, 2011
The April 2011 exhibition at the ginza graphic gallery will be the TDC Exhibition 2011. Every year this exhibition presents the results of the Tokyo TDC Awards, which brings together cutting-edge typographic works in an international competition held by the Tokyo Type Directors Club. The Tokyo TDC Awards 2011, for which entries were accepted in fall 2010, has been earning ever greater respect and attention in Japan and overseas, attracting a total of 3,146 entries of which 2,191 were from Japan and 955 from 26 overseas entrants. The award winners have been selected as the result of a rigorous judging process. The TDC Exhibition 2011 brings together eleven award-winning works along with other nominated works and outstanding entries in an exhibition of around 100 innovative, cutting-edge pieces from around the world on the dates given below.
ginza graphic gallery(ggg)
April 1 (Fri.) to April 25 (Mon.), 2011
DNP Ginza Bldg., 7-7-2 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061
11:00 – 19:00 (Open until 18:00 on Saturdays)
Closed on Sundays and holidays. Admission free.
The 180th ddd gallery Exhibition: TDC Exhibition 2011
May 20 (Fri.) to July 2 (Sat.), 2011
1F Namba SS Bldg., 1-17-28 Minamihorie, Nishi-ku, Osaka 550-8508
* closed on Sundays, Mondays and national holidays, 11:00 to 19:00 (18:00 on Saturdays), Admission Free
* For inquiries or graphic and any other press materials, please contact:
Ms. Tsutsumi at the ginza graphic gallery (ggg).
Tel: 03-3571-5206 Fax.03.3289.1389
Please contact us regarding requests for award winners' profiles, commentaries, and digital image versions of their works.
List of Tokyo TDC Annual Award 2010 Winners
- Sonya Dyakova (UK) / Art Book " Creamier. Contemporary Art in Culture"
- Yoshie Watanabe / Small graphics "12 Letters"
- Li Xi bin (China) / VI "TRIPLE-MAJOR visual identity/logo type"
- Niklaus Troxler (Switzerland) / Poster "Lucien Dubuis Trio"
- Niklaus Troxler (Switzerland) / Poster "Schluss mit der Schwarzmalerei! -Enough of that Doom and Gloom!"
- Adi Stern (Israel) / Signage "Signage system for the Design Museum Holon, including a proprietary Hebrew typeface"
- Tsuguya Inoue / Poster "TALKING THE DRAGON INOUE TSUGUYA GRAPHICS (Tsuguya Inoue Exhibition B1sized Poster)"
- Shin Sobue + Hidenori Yoshioka / "Watashi wa Shingo (My Name is SHINGO)"
TDC RGB Prize
- Evan Roth, Chris Sugrue, Theo Watson, Jamie Wilkinson /"GML(Graffiti Markup Language)"
Type Design Prize
- Emilie Rigaud (France) / Typeface "Coline, typeface family"
Book Design Prize
- formdusche (Germany) / Book ">>Oper pur<< magazine"
* Total entries: 3,146 (2,191 by Japanese entrants and 955 by overseas entrants)
* All awards are equal in grades except for the Grand Prix