CSR Procurement Criteria
DNP Group Procurement Criteria for Materials, Equipment, Construction Supplies, and Other Items
Business activities today are serially linked, requiring the involvement of a number of companies to create a single product or service. In order for companies to fulfill their social responsibilities, every company involved in the product or service must recognize its social responsibilities and behave with integrity and in good faith. CSR(corporate social responsibility) efforts are being promoted throughout the DNP Group. With regard to CSR obligations for raw materials, machinery, buildings, and other items used by DNP, the cooperation of the suppliers is indispensable. In order to promote our CSR efforts and to achieve sustainable growth of society, our suppliers, and DNP itself, we would like to ask for your understanding and cooperation regarding the DNP Group CSR Criteria for Procurement described below.
DNP's Vision of CSR
Click here for details regarding DNP's CSR activities.
DNP has defined its Management Concept in its vision to "contribute to the creation of an intellectually active, rich, and 21st century society with emergent evolution". DNP's CSR can be defined as the realization of this Management Concept. In order to realize this goal, we have been acting on the belief that it is essential to have dialogs with each and every stakeholder, enabling us to continue to create new values, establish a creative corporate culture, and always act with integrity and sincerity.
It is our sincere wish that through our earnest actions, such as providing useful products and services, the appropriate disclosure of information, carrying out fair and equitable transactions, promoting measures to create a good working environment for our employees, engaging in activities that contribute to society, and activities for the preservation of the environment, to resolve the various issues that our stakeholders face, we will be able to contribute to the sustainable growth of society.
DNP Group CSR Procurement Criteria
At all of its branches and collaborating companies, DNP and the suppliers that provide DNP with raw materials, machinery, buildings, and other items, domestically as well as abroad, shall carry out CSR (corporate social responsibility) efforts in the areas described below.
(1) Compliance with Laws and Social Norms
- Establish corporate ethics policies and regulations, and promote measures to ensure compliance with laws and social norms.
(2) Preservation of the Environment and Product Safety
- Provide a safe, healthy, and sanitary environment for employees and neighboring residents.
- Comply with related laws and regulations to strictly control all steps leading up to the final disposal of wastes.
Put priority on purchasing items that have a minimal environmental burden, including parts, raw materials, equipment and materials, and office supplies.
[Reference] DNP Green Purchasing Policy
Proper management of chemical substances is conducted in compliance with various laws related to protecting the environment as well as the DNP Group Management Criteria for Chemicals*1.
[*1] DNP Group Management Criteria for Chemicals
(3) Compliance Regarding Labor-Related Matters
- Equal opportunities for all employees, elimination of discrimination, and respect for and consideration of human rights are put into practice.
- A system is in place and put into effect to prevent inhumane labor practices, such as child labor and forced labor.
(4) Compliance Regarding Information Security
- A very thorough system has been set up, comprised of a basic policy, internal regulations and other measures, as well as an educational and training program for the employees, to prevent the unauthorized release of information, such as personal information or confidential information obtained in the process of conducting business with other companies.
(5) Protection of Inside Informants
- An internal help desk has been set up where employees can bring their concerns, making it possible to prevent problems from occurring or to detect them in the early stages. Moreover, measures have been established to ensure that employees who bring up these problems do not suffer any retaliation.
(6) Compliance with Rules for Fair Competition
- DNP carries out its corporate activities in compliance with business relevant laws and regulations as well as in accordance with the rules for fair competition.
The DNP Group believes the abovementioned CSR Procurement Criteria to be an essential requirement for carrying out business transactions. We will be checking periodically to ascertain to what degree these criteria are being observed. It is our sincere wish that all of our suppliers have a clear understanding of our CSR Procurement Criteria and make every effort to carry out their activities in accordance with the Criteria.