Green Purchasing Efforts
The DNP Group has established the DNP Group Green Purchasing Policy and DNP Group Environmental Targets to promote efforts to purchase environmentally-conscious materials and products.
DNP Group Green Purchasing Policy
The DNP Group is fully aware of the critical role green purchasing plays in forming a market for environmentally-oriented products and how extremely effective green purchasing is in creating a sustainable society. Based on the guidelines described below and in collaboration with the relevant divisions, the Group is making efforts to promote green purchasing when procuring materials or paper products, or placing orders for buildings or equipment.
The conditions described below shall be taken into consideration when procuring materials.
- Substances harmful to the environment or health are not contained.
- Consumption of raw materials or energy is minimal.
- Sustainable raw materials are used.
- It is possible to recycle the material or use the material for a longer period than the hitherto used material.
- The product consists largely of recycled materials or re-used parts.
- When discarding the product, it is easy to process, treat, or dispose of.
- When procuring materials or paper products, or placing orders for buildings or equipment, priority shall be given to ordering from suppliers that are actively promoting efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
- When purchasing office supplies, selection shall be made with priority given to products that bear the Eco Mark and in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Green Purchasing Network. With regard to the purchase of products that are not yet covered by the Eco Mark or the Green Purchasing Network guidelines, the conditions stipulated in Section (1) mentioned above shall be applied.
Goal of DNP Group's Green Environment
- By FY2010, the purchase of materials meeting DNP's Green Purchasing Standards (*) will be increased so that these materials account for 40% of the total amount spent on raw materials.
- By FY2010, the purchase of products bearing labels of certification as environmentally-conscious products, such as the Eco Mark, will be increased so that these products account for 50% of the total amount spent on general materials (office supplies and equipment, etc.).
(*)Products Covered by DNP's Green Purchasing Standard
Paper: Paper containing recycled pulp; non-wood pulp; ECF/TCF pulp paper (paper made from non-chlorine bleached pulp); paper made from pulp that is an FSC-certified forest material; biodegradable resins, etc.
Ink: Soy ink; water-based ink; non-toluene ink (toluene-free ink), etc.; substitute solvents; recycled solvents, etc.
Manufacturing supplies:Products bearing labels certifying them as environmentally-friendly products; processed materials and recycled materials, etc.