The April 2010 exhibition at the ginza graphic gallery will be the TDC Exhibition 2010. Every year this exhibition presents the results of the Tokyo TDC Awards, which brings together cutting-edge typographic works in an international competition held by the Tokyo Type Directors Club. The Tokyo TDC Awards 2010, for which entries were accepted in fall 2009, has been earning ever greater respect and attention in Japan and overseas, attracting a total of 3,180 entries of which 2,301 were from Japan and 879 from 27 overseas entrants. The award winners have been selected as the result of a rigorous judging process. The TDC Exhibition 2010 brings together ten award-winning works along with other nominated works and outstanding entries in an exhibition of around 100 innovative, cutting-edge pieces from around the world on the dates given below.
The 10th TDC Day International Design Forum, an internationally acclaimed event, will be held in conjunction with this exhibition.
ginza graphic gallery
April 2 (Fri.) to April 24 (Sat.), 2010
(closed on Sundays and national holidays)
11:00 to 18:00 (18:00 on Saturdays)
April 5 (Mon.), 2010
ginza graphic gallery 17:30 to 19:00
TDC DAY 2010 International Design Forum
Content: Seven hours of lectures and discussions by Tokyo TDC Award winners and guests
Date and Time: April 4 (Sun.), 2010, 12:00 to 19:00
An entrance fee will be charged. Please apply in advance. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Venue: Joshibi University of Art and Design, Suginami Campus
Organizer: Tokyo Type Directors Club
Co-sponsor: ginza graphic gallery
Cooperation: Joshibi University of Art and Design
Details will be published on the Tokyo TDC website from March 1, at http://www.tdctokyo.org
For details, please contact the Tokyo TDC Administrative Office at email@example.com
The 174th ddd gallery Exhibition: TDC Exhibition 2010
May 21 (Fri.) to July 3 (Sat.), 2010
1F Namba SS Bldg., 1-17-28 Minamihorie, Nishi-ku, Osaka 550-8508
* closed on Sundays, Mondays and national holidays, 11:00 to 19:00 (18:00 on Saturdays), Admission Free
* For inquiries or graphic and any other press materials, please contact:
Ms. Tsutsumi or Ms. Takagi at the ginza graphic gallery (ggg).
Tel: 03-3571-5206 Fax.03.3289.1389
Please contact us regarding requests for award winners' profiles, commentaries, and digital image versions of their works.
List of Tokyo TDC Annual Award 2010 Winners
- Why Not Associates (UK) / CF "Unseen Gaza, Channel 4 Promo"
- Ralph Schraivogel (Switzerland) / Poster "EVIL-LIVE"
- Niklaus Troxler (Switzerland) / Poster "Charles Gayle Solo"
- FONTWORKS, Shigenobu Fujita / Type design "TUKUSHI (Tukushi Old Mincho, Tukushi Maru-Gothic)"
- Masashi Kawamura + Hal Kirkland + Magico Nakamura + Masayoshi Nakamura / PV "Hibi no Neiro (Tone of Everyday)"
- John Warwicker, tomato (UK / Australia) / Book "The Floating World"
- Katsumi Asaba / Exhibition work (Graphic score) from "The Harbor of Design, Katsumi Asaba Exhibition"
TDC RGB Prize
- EXONEMO /"EXONEMO ANTIBOT T-SHIRTS"
Type Design Prize
- Holger Königsdörfer (Germany) / Type Design "Acon, a typeface for book typography"
Book Design Prize
- Lian, Jie (China) / Book "Code Diary"
* Total entries: 3,180 (2,301 by Japanese entrants and 879 by overseas entrants)
* All awards are equal in grades except the Grand Prix