DNP Group 5 Universal Design Principles
- Principle 1: Make it clear
- Label properly according to the circumstances of the information recipient.
- Principle 2: Make it intuitive
- Design so that usage is easy to understand, enabling intuitive handling.
- Principle 3: Make it flexible
- Design to enable diverse users and usage methods.
- Principle 4: Make it safe
- Design so that even if misused there is no danger.
- Principle 5: Make it easy
- Design for comfortable handling with minimum force.
The DNP Group 5 Universal Design Principles are based on the “7 Universal Design Principles” of Dr. Ronald Mace, an American who coined the term “Universal Design.”