DNP to Launch Automatic Color Correction Program for Photo Images as Built-in Library Function
Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (DNP) will launch a program that performs automatic high-speed color correction of images photographed with digital cameras and smart phones, as a library function from March 17.
This new product bundles together the image processing component technology developed through the Company' s printing and photo print businesses. And as a library function that companies can build-in to their products or services, this is the second offering in the series following the Image Clipping Library and a Facial Attribute Estimation Library.
[DNP Image Color Correction Library]
In November 2014, in the first round of DNP original products that bundled together image processing technology, the Company successfully launched an Image Clipping Library facilitating high resolution clipping of the targeted portion of an image from the background. At the same time, a Facial Attribute Estimation Library facilitating facial recognition of figures that appear in images along with estimations of gender and age, was also launched.
The latest offering in the embeddable library service integrates DNP' s six unique color correction technologies that automatically compute the optimal correction method on an image-by-image basis.
1. Correction to appropriate brightness of dark images as a result of exposure defects.
2. Correction to standard color balancing (white balance adjustment).
3. Correction to appropriate contrast of light and dark image portions.
4. Correction to appropriate tone of memory color domains, such as skin color, vegetation and sky memory.
5. Appropriate correction of unfocused images.
6. Noise exclusion from digital images.
These technologies have been adopted at DNP' s photo booths and by services for creating original photo albums using photographed image data.
[New Library Feature]
- Answers broad-based color correction needs by integrating multiple correction functions for improving image quality.
- Possible to perform color correction processing at a rate of approximately one image per second1
- As the newly offered library function is fully automatic, no specialized knowledge or operations are necessary in order to perform color correction.
Prices begin from 4,800,000 yen (including 300 licenses)
· Prices alter in line with the number of licenses
[Forward Looking Events]
DNP will offer this library function mainly to companies developing digital image processing systems and services, aiming for sales of approximately 300 million yen over the next 3-years.
DNP will also push ahead with the bundling of other component technology to expand product lineup.
1 Average values when processing on a computer with a standard six million pixels image data spec.
* Product prices, specification and service contents mentioned in this news release are current as of the date of publication. They may be changed at any time without notice.