DNP Offers High Cost Performance 100 Inch TV Conference Screen
Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (DNP) is pleased to announce the April sales launch of a 100 inch, superior cost performance, image display system for large screen TV conference display systems. Looking ahead, the Company will continue to support the creation of more abundant life styles by combining in-house data processing technology and contents. In particular, DNP is eying the possibility of applications with other services, beginning with digital signage and including remote medicine, such as face-to-face medical care using the large screen, and educational uses targeting children.
In many instances, TV conferencing makes use of Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD). The upper size limit for LCD screens is approximately 50 inches, however, and with uses anticipating multiple site connections that require large screen images, it has so far been necessary to combine multiple LCD screens to achieve the wanted effect.
In answer to this situation, DNP will launch sales of a large scale 100 inch, low cost, image display system targeting ultra-short focus projection. The new system is being proposed for TV conferencing that facilitates mock face-to-face meetings where it becomes possible to view the counterparty’s expression in a natural, close up manner. The new image display system uses a screen that cuts unnecessary exterior light and reflects only the projector light onto the counterparty, making it possible to utilize even in bright rooms, allowing for the images to be clearly seen.
[Features of new Image Display System]
- Even while boasting a large scale 100 inch screen, the thickness of the screen board is only 3cm, and the overall weight 30kg, which is extremely thin and light compared to LCD displays of similar dimensions. As a result, it is easy to handle and install the attached brackets and stand in a variety of locations.
- The new image display system is compatible with all commercially available ultra-short focus projectors.
- Even with 4-way split screens, as each single screen is approximately 50 inches, making it possible to display both people and materials at the same time.
- The new system can also be operated with low power consumption compared to LCD displays.
- DNP aims to keep prices below 50% of those for 100 inch LCD systems.
DNP will launch sales of this new product for TV conferencing purposes, aiming for sales of 1.5 billion yen in 2015, mainly from companies and commercial facilities along with retail outlets. The Company will also create a sales network to boost purchasing convenience via cooperative tie ups with TV conferencing system, projection and office furniture makers.