DNP Launches Display System for 100 Inch Ultra-Short Focus Projector
Displays high contrast images even in bright room
Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd (DNP) is pleased to announce the December 2015 launch of a display system for easy to install ultra-short focus projectors that do not require big spaces. Screen size is a big 100 inches, and the system is capable of displaying high contrast, easy on the eye images even in a bright room. This newly developed system will be marketed by Canon Marketing Japan Inc. in a set that includes the projector and the screen. The new system has already developed a track record, following its adoption by the Tsugaike sanso lodge at Tsugaike Nature Park in Nagano prefecture.
In recent years, we have seen an expanding market for ultra-short focus projectors that make the most of restricted space to project images, not from the front, but from below, above or diagonally. With the white screens in general use at present, however, challenges exist, such as the deterioration in image contrast, and lower visibility when images are projected in rooms brightened by illuminations or external light.
In order to overcome these challenges, DNP has leveraged its expertise in optical design and lens molding technologies to develop a display system for ultra-short focus projectors that uses a screen with improved contrast and visibility features. Sales of the newly developed system will also be commenced through our sales agents.
- The newly developed screen is designed so as to reduce reflection from illuminations and external light, and reflect only projector images to viewers. As a result, the screen does not go white in bright locations, and the contrast has been improved to approximately 10 times than currently available white screens. As a result, it has been possible to provide images of an equivalent quality to Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD) at a lower cost.
- While the screen is a big 100 inches, the dimensions of the screen board have been limited to a thickness of 40mm and a weight of 30kg, approximately 1/4 the weight of similarly sized LCDs. The low profile light weight system is easy to transport, and can be easily installed in a variety of locations, including conference rooms, offices and commercial facilities. The newly developed system is also suitable for use as digital signage at temporary events, or at retail outlets that regularly undergo remodeling.
- Sales of the newly developed system will be launched by DNP and DNP Trading Co., Ltd, a Group company, along with sales agents that maintain strong nationwide sales networks in office equipment.
- The newly developed system can be provided in a board or stand type.
[Adoption Track Record]
The newly developed system has been adopted by the Tsugaike sanso lodge at Tsugaike Nature Park in Nagano prefecture. And by capitalizing on the ability of the system to display clear images even in bright rooms, it is being employed to show visitors beautiful images of the four seasons in the nature park.
* The photo illustrates the stand-type display system
* The nature park is closed for winter, and the display system is being used at Santeinn Otari, a facility that locates at the foot of the nature park.
Open pricing has been employed for a set that includes a board type screen and an ultra-short focus projector.
Reference prices are approximately 600,000 yen.
[Forward Looking Developments]
Looking ahead, DNP will steadily expand sales agents for equipment other than office equipment, and market the newly developed system mainly to companies, commercial facilities and retail outlets, aiming for sales of 1.2 billion yen in 2017. The sales network of DNP Denmark will be leveraged to expand sales overseas.