DNP Commences Original Tablet Terminal-Based Web Conference Format Multilingual Information Service
Can be used in face-to-face situations at hotels and banks
Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (DNP) is pleased to announce the February 25, 2015 launch of an information service based on an originally developed1 tablet terminal that allows for multilingual conversational communication along with communication in writing in face-to-face situations.
The number of overseas visitors to Japan is increasing year-by-year, boosting the importance of smooth multilingual communication ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games. In answer to these needs, DNP will launch an information service for use at public facilities, along with hotels and banks. The new service employs a web conference format based on a tablet terminal that can be used to call up an interpreter/operator on a remote basis, to link overseas guests with staff at their first point of contact, allowing them to converse in a face-to-face manner.
[Multilingual Information Service]
A web conference system is used to link a call center where interpreter/operators conversant in five languages are stationed, using an originally developed tablet terminal. When overseas visitors approach public facilities, banks and other organizations, staff at their first point of contact operate the tablet terminal and interpreter/operators facilitate direct communication between the two on a face-to-face basis.
- Compatible with English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish
- A service facilitating face-to-face communication between overseas visitors, staff and the interpreter/operator.
- Optional add on service also covers Japanese sign language.
- Optional add on service guarantees 24 hour, year round access to call centers.
- Apart from the DNP original tablet terminal, the new service can also be used with smart phones and computers.
- The service may also be used on a 3-way communication function basis, employing audio but not video functions (The face of the interpreter/operator will not be displayed on the terminal screen).
[Pricing (Pre-tax Basis)]
Start-up fees: From 280,000yen
Monthly usage fees: From 170,000 yen per month (per language) 2
DNP will propose this new service to public facilities, sight-seeing facilities, financial institutions, retail outlets and manufacturer showrooms, aiming for total sales of 2.0 billion yen by FY 2020.
1: A terminal for professional use mounted with IROMI®, a Large-Scale Integrated color management engine with 3 functions for color correction and adjustment, contrast adjustment and blue light adjustment.
2: Fee includes the use of the call center, a web conference system at a single location and one original DNP tablet terminal. Prices are based on call center use from 09:00~18:00 on weekdays. Requests for Japanese sign language and communication in writing will be quoted separately. Fees do not include internet connection costs.