DNP Group Environmental Policy
The DNP Group seeks to minimize the impact our businesses have on the environment and supports biodiversity, first by complying with environmental laws and regulations and also by recognizing the relationship that each of our business activities has with the environment. In this way we hope to create a sustainable society in a world with limited resources.
- Each member of the DNP Group establishes and periodically reviews its own environmental policies and environmental targets, and puts into effect continuous improvement of its activities and the prevention of environmental pollution.
- For all construction projects, and before designing and commissioning new facilities, we carry out a full and detailed environmental survey to assess the impact that the project will have on the environment to make proper efforts to protect the environment. We shall also make aggressive efforts to use renewable energy.
- When carrying out research, development, design, manufacture, and sales of a new product, we consider the impact of the product on the environment throughout its lifecycle, including materials procurement, production, distribution, use, and disposal, especially in terms of energy conservation, resource conservation, and reducing the use of harmful chemicals.
- When purchasing raw materials, stationery, and equipment, we choose items that are ecologically-friendly and easy to recycle.
- In manufacturing a product, we aim to comply with environmental laws and regulations, and moreover we set up more stringent standards to reduce the emissions of pollutants into the air, watershed, and soil, and to prevent unpleasant odors, noise, vibration, and land subsidence. We are constantly improving facilities, techniques, and manufacturing processes to promote the targets of energy conservation, resource conservation, and the reduction of industrial waste.
- When generating waste from business operations, we strive to achieve zero emissions by separating and recycling waste as much as possible.
Established: March 21, 2000
(Former CSR & Environmental Committee)