DNP Develops Re-closable Paper Zippered Container
Suitable as powdered and solid product containers
Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (DNP) has developed a re-closable, zippered paper container.
As the name suggests, this newly developed product can be reclosed after opening via the attachment of a plastic zipper to the opening. In addition, a transparent barrier film has been applied to provide high barrier properties against water vapor and oxygen. By switching containers for powdered or solid foods to the newly developed container, it is also possible to reduce plastic usage. In addition, based on its rectangular shape, volume can be reduced, depending on the contents, which contributes to improved transportation and display efficiency.
While the problem of marine plastic pollution has been under the spotlight, we have witnessed greater promotion of plastic resource recycling by governments, local authorities, and companies. Manufacturers of food and daily necessities are promoting the recycling of plastic products, and are switching to mono-material packaging that is easier to recycle, along with paper that is a renewable resource.
DNP endeavors to provide new value that overcomes social challenges and meets the expectations of consumers through our business activities. This goal is in line with the philosophy of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted at the United Nations Summit in 2015 as a blueprint for the creation of a better society. As part of these endeavors, we are developing environmentally friendly packaging that contributes to the realization of a recycling-oriented society, along with packaging that emphasizes ease of use and functionality. The newly developed re-closable paper zippered container is a product that is both environmentally friendly and easy to use.
- Can be re-closed following opening by using the plastic zipper attached to the opening.
- The mouth of the opening is large, allowing for the easy removal of the contents.
- The rectangular shape boosts transportation efficiency.
- The product can be stacked at retail outlets for display or storage purposes, reducing display-related instore tasks.
- Following use the product can be crushed and does not take up space, making it easy to dispose of.
- Transparent barrier film suppresses the permeation of water vapor and oxygen to provide high barrier properties.
- Plastic usage can be reduced by switching to the new product from plastic containers.
- By using forest certified paper and film that includes plant-derived materials it is also possible to further reduce the environmental impact.
DNP will provide the newly developed re-closable paper zippered container as packaging for daily necessities, such as powdered or solid foods, and toiletry products, aiming for annual sales of 1 billion yen in fiscal year 2022.